ACL Challenge: how-to-join guide
What is RaceRoom?
RaceRoom is a free-to-play Racing Simulation, where you can experience the passion and thrills of motorsports, right from your living room. RaceRoom is available for PC via the gaming platform Steam.
Recommended system requirements
Processor: Quad-core AMD or Intel at 2.4 GHz
Memory: 8 GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2.0 GB Video Card or AMD equivalent
You can join with a keyboard or a controller – but the fastest players drive with a steering wheel, just like in a real race car.
RaceRoom supports all consumer wheels from Logitech, Thrustmaster and Fanatec, as well as a wide range of high-end simracing equipment (Simucube, Ascher Wheels, Heusinkveld pedals etc.)
How to join?
- Make sure that your computer fulfills the system requirements or is stronger.
- Make sure your wheel or controller is connected to the PC, all drivers are installed (the software that comes with the wheel) and your PC recognizes it (you can check it on Windows at Control Panel -> Devices and Printers -> Devices)
- Download Steam and create a Steam account.
- Download RaceRoom Racing Experience on Steam and install it.
- Start the game and follow the steps on screen to create an account. When you are asked to select your country, make sure to select Luxembourg!
- Once the game is ready, you can open the options by clicking on the sprocket icon in the top right corner. RaceRoom will load a default setting for your computer and wheel, but there you can customize it.
- You can now drive with a limited selection of cars and tracks in all game modes!
- The ACL Challenge will become available under "Competitions" from March 15th, 2021. It will be free to enter - no in-game purchases required. Here you can access it directly.
Still some questions?
Our forum's knowledge base offers a wide variety of specific advice and answers to many questions. There is also a community section where other RaceRoom Drivers ask and answer questions.
We are waiting for you to smash the lap times!